Thursday, January 12

Wintersong

It has always seemed to me that once the hustle and bustle of the holidays has come to an abrupt end that Spring should be just around the corner.  The stores are quickly stocking up with bright and bare garments and the magazines are announcing 'What's Hot for Spring'.

In reality of course. . . winter has just started, and with not a whole lot to look forward to but some cold (can you say -6 at the moment!) grey days it can become rather depressing. Instead of burying my head in my scarf and wishing for warmer days I try to find things that make snuggling up inside or playing outside something to truly look forward to.

Some things on my winter 'playlist' this year are:

-Try snowshoeing
-Plan a ski weekend out of town
-Have a ladies weekend at a hot spring
-Make Mexican hot cocoa (nothing like a little spice to warm you up!)
-Take some lovely outdoor photos
-Find a killer deal on a cuddly sweater or jacket during the after Christmas sales
-Make some new soups
-Catch up on some movies and books I have been dying to devour
-Paint my nails a hot summer color and slather myself with a moisture rich butter that reminds me of warmer days ahead!


Winter Want List

No comments: